Disability Access & Mobility
Whether a new or existing building, our team has extensive experience and expertise in providing practical and cost effective Disability Access solutions, which comply with the following regulatory requirements:
- Building Code of Australia provisions, primarily:
- Part D3 relating to access to buildings, and
- Part F2.4 relating to accessible sanitary facilities.
- Relevant Australian Standards, including
- AS1428.1 - 2009 relating to access to new buildings,
- AS1428.4.1 relating to Tactile Ground Surface Indicators,
- AS2890.6-2009 relating to accessible off street parking facilities, and
- AS4299-1995 relating to adaptable housing.
- Access to Premises Standards, which apply to existing buildings where new works are being carried out, unless “unjustifiable hardship” can be established.
- Local Council DCP provisions relating to accessibility.
For example, we have worked closely with the Commonwealth Bank in recent years to manage the Disability Access compliance of its Retail Branch network across Australia, including:
- briefing the Bank on developments in the regulatory requirements for Disability Access,
- review of the Bank’s standard branch designs and fit out/equipment specifications,
- plan reviews for proposed new and refurbished branches,
- site audits of new and refurbished branches, and
- “Help Desk” technical support for bank staff and the Bank’s building contractors.
If you have an access issue, or just want more information about our disability access services, don’t hesitate to contact Bruce Davis.